Onsite IT support is inevitable for any business today. It may be a small, medium or big company. The primary duty of the Onsite IT support London/external IT support service providers is to provide technical expertise in facilitating the smooth running of the IT infrastructure and setup.
As per the definition is given in Wikipedia, “Technical support (often shortened to tech support) refers to a plethora of services by which enterprises provide assistance to users of technology products such as mobile phones, televisions, computers, software products or other informatics, electronic or mechanical goods. In general, technical support services address specific problems with a product or service rather than the provision of training, customization, or other support services.”
As per the reports from the telegraph.co.uk The highest concentrations of high growth tech companies are found in London, Bournemouth, Poole and Newcastle. This has been instrumental in providing greater choice for businesses across the UK for their tech requirements and support.
Onsite IT Support London
Onsite IT support has to be planned across all the organization platforms to maximize delivery of services to their customers and maximize the productivity of the users.
When you are entering into an agreement with onsite IT support London services company, you need to understand the Onsite IT support structure Level 1, 2 and 3.
Let’s understand in brief these service level structures.
Being an IT service management provider, customers often ask us what the various types of IT Support tiers are and how they can use them in organizing their Help Desks and Service Desks.
IT support levels and support tiers are phrases used interchangeably within IT organizations.
It involves Basic troubleshooting for the help desk resolution. At this level 1, you get Support for basic customer issues such as solving usage issues and fulfilling service desk requests that need IT involvement.
If the issues are not resolved then tier 1 personnel escalate the matter to the next tier 2 engineer. The level of expertise required the Onsite IT support personnel are basic. You generally get fresh interns for this job. The technical personnel is trained to solve known problems and to fulfill service requests by following manual scripts provided by product vendors.
In this level, you get qualified and experienced technicians. They have more onsite IT support Experience and knowledge. They assess issues and provide solutions for problems that are not resolved or handed by tier 1 engineer.
Even if he is unable to resolve the problem then he escalates the incident to tier 3 engineers.
Compared to level 1 & 2 engineers, level 3 is a highly senior and extremely experienced onsite IT support London engineer.
He is in a better position to troubleshoot problems and offer guaranteed solutions.
So from the above, we are clear about the 3 tiers/levels of onsite IT support services.
When you sign service level agreement with your IT support provider, do check the service levels offered by them. You need to also check disaster recovery plan they have.
Depending on company-specific situations and requirements and with some variations in the scope of services, a typical IT Support infrastructure is usually organized around the three support levels or tiers.
At the time of signing service level agreement, all the scope, limitations and deliverability of the level of services are clearly defined and communicated to all the stakeholders.
There is also a level 0 tier in which the Users use self-help approach without taking the help of any IT support staff. They retrieve support information from the internet, either by desktop or mobile or apps, such as detailed product and technical information, blog posts, manuals, and search functions.
Tier 1 personnel respond to requests received through email, Web sites, or social media from the users without any direct personal intervention.
External IT support
To give a brief description of the basic external IT support services to be expected from your IT support provider is outlined below:
The major onsite IT support services and responsibilities are:
- Take responsibility for the smooth running of all user desktops, laptops, tablets, smart devices, OS’s and applications.
- Provide support to all internal staff for all desktop, laptop, tablet, smart device, OS and application issues
- Provide support for any IT related issue as direct by management
- Perform planned checks of all IT equipment
- Provide weekly reports to management for all issues at assigned sites
- Take ownership of incidents and professionally manage them through to resolution
- To Ensure all incidents, issues and changes are recorded by users through the service desk
- Manage incidents, problems and changes through service desk tool
- Provide hands-on support for other IT teams, i.e. Networks, Security, Server Admin and
Telephony as required
- Proactively manage assigned sites and suggest improvements and innovation
- Undertake other tasks as assigned by management
- Provide support for all IT related projects (there will be out of hours working, occasional nights
- Flexibility in traveling across the UK and branch locations if needed
We hope that now you have a clear understanding of what are defined IT support and its various components. Companies planning to hire IT CONSULTANCY SERVICES LONDON need to have finer look at the above-mentioned level of services to avoid any confusion and ambiguity.
In addition to above points there are certain other vital factors that should be checked as well as given below:
Skills, Knowledge and qualifications required for Onsite IT Support London
- Desktop support
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Prepared with a disaster recovery plan
- Microsoft XP through to Win10
- Projector and audio-visual maintenance and support
- Microsoft Office 2007-2010 support
- Line application support for all installed applications
- Microsoft Outlook configuration, troubleshooting, housekeeping and administration
- Printer troubleshooting, servicing and management
- Network troubleshooting
- Cloud Solutions
- Email support
- Cabling and patching
- Android, Blackberry, iPhone user support
- Desktop imaging, familiarity with Ghost
- Remote access through Citrix and Cisco VPN
The basic skills to be inherited by your Onsite IT Support London service consultancy personnel:
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to deal professionally with users, customers and suppliers their complaints and problems
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users with ease.
- Error-free and clear report writing
- Easily approachable in case of emergency
- Technical documentation writing
- Self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic IT professional, must be able to work on own initiative and without constant supervision.
- Proven experience of working in a high pressured corporate environment
Onsite IT Support London is a professional service with discipline and dedication to their clients by the IT consultancy company. The above points are good enough to appoint an expert external IT support in London.
Digitae is one of the reputed IT support company in London offering the entire above mentioned IT consultancy to all businesses all over the UK. Some of the specialized categories of business to whom we offer our dedicated Onsite IT Support London are:
- IT support for small business London
- IT support for Education
- IT support for dental clinic in London
- IT support for estate agent in London
- IT support for restaurants London
- IT support for Charities in London
Our services are not restricted to the above specializations but we also offer remote and External IT support in London and all over the UK. Our timely, efficient and cost saving Computer support services are well acknowledged by our clients in the UK. If you have any suggestions, questions regarding the IT management of your business, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.